Almond Butter Everything Bars
Everything but the kitchen sink! You can play around with what you have on hand when it comes to these bars: just stick with the ratio of wet to dry and they will work out perfectly. The layer of chocolate on top is a must, by the way (a final crunch of top of the fudgy no-bake base).
- 6 - 8
- Preperation Time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 2 minutes, if melting chocolate counts
- 200g Just Natural Organic Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic hemp seeds, hulled
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic sesame seeds
- 100g Just Natural porridge oats
- 60g Just Natural Organic almonds
- 25g Just Natural Organic desiccated coconut
- 30g almond butter
- Pinch of salt
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
How to Make it
- Blend together all ingredients (except the chocolate) in a food processor until you have a thick dough.
- Place the mixture into a lined and lightly greased standard loaf tin and press down to spread evenly.
- Place into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments to prevent it burning. It should only take about 2 minutes.
- Pour this chocolate over the set base. Place into the fridge for 15 minutes (set a timer! It will be easier to slice the bars when the chocolate layer is only just set).
- Use a sharp knife to slice through the chocolate layer initially and go back over the first cut right down to the bottom of the bars; this is to prevent the chocolate from cracking when you slice the bars.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks, or freeze for up to one month.