Banana Bread Granola
There is so much more you can do with super ripe bananas than make banana bread... Why not instead make the absolute best-tasting granola you’ve ever had? With all the flavour of the pandemic’s favourite loaf, it also offers an epic crunch and beautiful chunky clusters.
- Preperation Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 45 minutes
- 200g Just Natural Organic jumbo oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 60g Just Natural Organic pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic milled flaxseed
- 1 small ripe banana (approx. 120g)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (42g) Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp (15g) Organic Kitchen smooth peanut butter, runny
How to Make it
- Preheat your oven to 135°C (275°F).
- Mix together the oats, pecans, and flaxseed in a large bowl.
- Blend together the banana, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and peanut butter in a jug with a hand blender (or in a blender or food processor) until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well to combine.
- Place on a baking paper lined tray and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove, and break up into clusters and chunks. It will still be pretty undercooked except for around the edges.
- Carefully give everything a mix up once you’ve broken it up and then return to the oven for a further 25 minutes, tossing carefully once or twice so it evenly cooks. It should be crisp to the touch, but will become crisper as it cools on the tray.
- Once cool, store in a tightly sealed container or jar. Will last for a couple of weeks out of direct sunlight.