Berry Baked Oats
I’m just going to put it out there: I think I prefer baked oats to regular bowls of oatmeal! Like a cross between a cake and flapjack, these are satisfying, delicious, and so very handy to have on hand for breakfast in advance.
- Preperation Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 40 minutes
- 220g Just Natural Organic jumbo oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 500ml Organic Kitchen oat drink
- 1 tbsp Just Natural Organic milled flaxseed or Just Natural Organic chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp Just Natural Organic desiccated coconut
How to Make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, oat drink, flaxseed, and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Lightly grease a deep, oven-safe casserole dish (8x8 or 9x5 works well).
- Place the oat mixture into the dish and leave to absorb some of the liquid for 10 minutes.
- Drop the berries in on top pushing some of them down into the oats. Top with pecans and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with desiccated coconut and bake for another 10 minutes. If the coconut starts to brown too quickly, cover the top with foil!
- Leave to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing, or leave to set in the fridge overnight (once cooled).
- Serve topped with dairy-free yogurt of choice, a drizzle of maple syrup or agave nectar, and an extra sprinkling of roughly chopped pecans.