Blueberry-Glazed Baked Donuts
There is just something so cute about a homemade donut ring. Smaller than the ones you would pick up in a bakery or supermarket, I like to consider these rather dinky... The epitome of sweetness! The donuts are super easy to make and satisfy many people’s needs thanks to them being made with the grain-free superstar Cassava flour.
- Preperation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 10 minutes
- 90g Just Natural Organic cassava flour
- 20g Just Natural Organic ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 180ml non-dairy milk of choice, lightly whisked
- 40g Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 50g Just Natural Organic coconut sugar, or soft brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk, more as needed
- 3 tbsp blueberry juice (I leave frozen blueberries out to thaw and just use the juice for the glaze*)
- Just Natural Organic cacao nibs, for sprinkling
- Just Natural Organic coconut flakes, toasted, for sprinkling
How to Make it
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease a 6-cavity donut pan with spray oil.**
- Mix together the cassava flour through to the lemon zest in a bowl.
- Mix together the melted coconut oil and non-dairy milk (you can give it a few minutes in a pot or quick blast in the microwave for 30 seconds).
- Add sugar of choice to the non-dairy milk and oil mixture, along with the vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and place mix into the prepared donut pan (I do this with two teaspoons for precision).
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tray, before carefully removing and allowing to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together all icing ingredients in a bowl.
- Once the donuts are fully cooled, dunk each one bottom side (the side that was in the tray) down into the icing.
- Place onto a baking paper lined tray and sprinkle with some cacao nibs and toasted coconut flakes.
- Best eaten on day of baking!
- * Obviously then make sure to eat the blueberries – add them to your oats or mix into a plain yogurt.
- **I use a Wilton donut pan.