Bounty Almond Butter Eggs
Naturally sweet, these coconut-loaded eggs are a delightful little treat to whip up for Easter, with a surprise almond butter filling too. You could, of course, make them into whatever shape you fancy (depending on your mold availability).
- Preperation Time:
- 30 minutes
- 160g Just Natural Organic desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or brown rice syrup for a slightly chewier consistency)
- 125ml Organic Kitchen coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 -12 tsp all-natural almond butter
- 250g dark chocolate of choice, melted (+ 1 tbsp Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil) OR 180g Just Natural Organic raw cacao paste, melted (+ 80ml maple syrup)
How to Make it
- Mix together the desiccated coconut, maple syrup, coconut cream, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in your food processor (this breaks down the desiccated coconut better than simply spoon mixing it in a bowl). Pulse a few times to combine.
- Fill up your chosen mold with the mixture, stopping at the halfway point in each section.
- Place a teaspoon of almond butter on top of each half-filled section and place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and top off each section with the remaining coconut mixture, pressing down with the back of a spoon to ensure it’s nice and compact.
- Place into the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes.
- One at a time, place the frozen filling into the cacao mixture or melted chocolate. Dunk with a large spoon, lift out of the chocolate with the spoon and transfer to a fork. Gently tap off the excess chocolate before placing onto a baking paper lined tray to set in the fridge.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week. The Easter Bunny will be jealous!