Brownie Baked Oats
When you wake up and want chocolate cake for breakfast (you know who you are), these oats will be there for you instead; quite literally. I always recommend making your baked oats the night before serving and then either reheating them in the morning or enjoying them cold. They “set” a little in the fridge, allowing you to slice them up with ease.
- Preperation Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 30-35 minutes
- 1 cup (100g) Just Natural Organic jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp peanut flour, almond flour, or defatted almond flour
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic milled flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 180 ml water
- 90ml Organic Kitchen oat drink (can be substituted with almond milk)
- Organic Kitchen peanut butter, for serving (smooth or crunchy; or almond butter if preferred)
- Dairy-free yogurt of choice, for serving
- Fresh berries, for serving
How to Make it
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Place into a lightly greased small oven-safe dish (I used a square dish approx. 6 inches in diameter).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing (ideally overnight). Enjoy cold from the fridge or reheat in the microwave.
- Top with dairy-free yogurt, peanut or almond butter, and berries to serve. A healthy sweet-toothed delight!