Buckwheat Almond Waffles
Crispy round the edge, wholesome and satisfying, these waffles are my all-time favourite. You can make them in advance and just give them a little grilling, or heat them up in the microwave, or even stick them into the toaster (keep a close eye on them if you do this, and use a low setting, as you definitely don’t want to go burning them).
- 1 large waffle
- Preperation Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 6 - 8 minutes
- 60g Just Natural Organic buckwheat flour
- 15g Just Natural Organic ground almonds
- 1 tbsp Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Organic Kitchen raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp Just Natural Organic coconut sugar
- 140ml Organic Kitchen oat drink (or water works just fine here too!)
- Pinch of salt
How to Make it
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large jug. Set to one side for 5 minutes while you preheat your waffle iron.
- I have a deep and wide waffle iron and it accommodates the entire batter. Cook the batter according to your waffle iron instructions (I usually cook mine for around 6 - 8 minutes).
- Remove and serve with berries, toasted nuts or seeds, nut or seed butter, and a generous drizzle of brown rice syrup or coconut nectar. Yum!