Cauliflower Kung Pao
A childhood favourite, kung pao was our standard order from the Chinese takeaway when we were kids. Myself and my brother would share an adult portion and fight (quite literally!) over who got the biggest share of cashews. When making any version of kung pao now, I make sure to include an ample amount of cashews, sharing them out nice and evenly amongst those partaking in the eating. That way, no one feels hard done by!
- Preperation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 15 minutes
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 60ml Organic Kitchen coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp + 60ml Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic ground ginger
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic garlic granules
- 45g hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 4 heaped tbsp Just Natural Organic whole cashews
- Just Natural Organic black rice to serve
How to Make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Toss cauliflower with 1 tbsp of tapioca starch.
- Mix together coconut milk with 2 tbsp of aminos. Toss cauliflower in the mixture and lay in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Roast the cashews on a separate baking sheet for 6 - 8 minutes. Set to one side.