Chewy One-Bowl Vegan Brownies
Crispy round the edges; at the same time, chewy and gooey in the middle... I’m super fussy when it comes to brownies and these are one of my all-time favourites. It’s just an added bonus that they are extremely easy to make and require minimal ingredients, too.
- Preperation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 20 - 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic milled flaxseed (+ 6 tbsp water)
- 150g Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 240g Just Natural Organic coconut sugar, or soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 90g Just Natural Organic cocoa powder, sifted
- 120g plain white spelt flour (or plain wheat flour or plain gluten-free flour of choice), sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate chips
How to Make it
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix together the milled flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set to one side.
- Mix together the coconut oil and coconut sugar in a bowl. (Add an optional teaspoon of vanilla extract if you wish.)
- Sift in the cocoa powder and then sift in the flour.
- Fold the flour into the wet ingredients using a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon out the brownie batter into an 8-inch square tin lined with baking paper and lightly greased with oil.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing (and indulging the chocoholic within).