Chocolate Banana Bread
Try this chocolatey twist on the classic banana bread!
- Preperation Time:
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 cups Just Natural White Flour
- ½ cup Just Natural Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup White Granulated Sugar and ½ cup Just Natural Raw Cane Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¾ cups Mashed Ripe Banana (393g)
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Just Natural Coconut Oil
- 1 Flax Egg 1 Tablespoon Just Natural Milled Flaxseed with 3 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 1 cup Vegan Chocolate drops plus more to place directly on top before baking
How to Make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and line it with parchment paper so that the parchment paper hangs over the sides, so that when the banana bread is baked, you can easily lift it out of the loaf pan using the parchment paper.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and then add the white and brown sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Add the bananas, soy milk and coconut oil to the blender and blend until just smooth.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 3 Tbsp hot water to 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseed meal in a bowl and leaving for a minute to become gloopy.
- Pour the blended banana mix over the dry ingredients, add the flax egg and mix everything together until properly combined. The batter will be thick.
- Add the vegan chocolate chips and fold in.
- Transfer the batter from the mixing bowl to the loaf pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Add extra chocolate chips to the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean (melted chocolate is okay but wet batter is not).
- Use the parchment paper to lift the banana bread out of the loaf pan and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool before slicing.