Coffee Fudge Raw Brownies
My go-to raw brownie recipe: fudgy, rich, dense… And made even more delicious when finished off with a coffee cream fudge topping! The combination of raw cacao and coffee is a match made in heaven. I think I would most likely pick a raw / no-bake brownie over the baked variety every time. The consistency is just so much more alluring and all-round satisfying!
- 12 - 16
- Preperation Time:
- 20 minutes
- 300g Just Natural Organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 125g Just Natural Organic pecan halves
- 80g Just Natural Organic whole cashews or Just Natural Organic jumbo oats
- 80g Just Natural Organic raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic raw cacao nibs
- 100g Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 220g raw cashew butter, roast cashew butter, or tahini
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 80ml maple syrup, honey or raw coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp crushed coffee beans
For the Brownies
For the Coffee Fudge Topping
How to Make it
- Blend together all base brownie ingredients in a food processor (with the exception of the cacao nibs). Blend the mixture until it holds together between your fingertips like a soft play-dough consistency.
- Pulse through cacao nibs to incorporate.
- Line and lightly grease a 9-inch loaf tin or 7- to 8-inch square tin with baking paper and coconut oil or spray oil.
- Press brownie base into prepared tin and spread evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Mix together the fudge topping ingredients, except for the coffee beans, in a jug. Pour fudge over the brownie base. Then sprinkle over the crushed coffee beans.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 3 hours (or overnight) before slicing.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, if desired. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks, or freeze for up to one month (though it’s hard to imagine they’ll stay uneaten that long…).