Creamy Corn Pasta
A thick and creamy corn sauce makes this pasta comforting yet summery, and oh so very moreish.
- Preperation Time:
- 5 mins
- Cooking Time:
- 10 mins
- 300g Prima Italia organic gluten-free penne
- 300g corn (frozen, canned, or fresh when removed from the cob weight)
- 1 tbsp Prima Italia extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 125ml Organic Kitchen oat drink
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Organic Kitchen Sicilian lemon juice
- Just Natural Organic pine nuts (toasted), for serving
- Fresh basil, for serving
How to Make it
- Place pasta on to cook according to the packeted instructions.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan and cook 250g of the corn for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add in the garlic and salt and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the oat drink, nutritional yeast, lemon zest and juice, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the sauce into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and place back in the pan, adding in the sauce and remaining corn.
- Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes to heat through, and season a little more to taste with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Serve up with fresh basil and toasted pine nuts – delicioso!