Dairy-Free “Buttermilk” Spelt Pancakes
Thick, fluffy vegan pancakes that you would never know are missing an egg! Wholemeal spelt flour provides a little extra fibre, ensuring that this is a breakfast that keeps hunger at bay for a little bit longer. That said, they totally work with normal white spelt flour or a mixture of both. So, just use up whatever you have at hand.
- 2 (7-8 pancakes)
- Preperation Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 10 minutes
- 150g (1 ¼ cup) wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaped tbsp Just Natural Organic milled flaxseed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Just Natural Organic coconut sugar (or soft brown sugar)
- 180ml (¾ cup) Organic Kitchen oat drink (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 tsp Organic Kitchen organic raw apple cider vinegar with the mother (or lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp Organic Kitchen extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil or 1 tbsp melted Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil), + more for cooking
How to Make it
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl.
- Separately, whisk together the milk, apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice), and oil of choice in a jug. Set to one side for 2 minutes.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk to combine to a smooth batter.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Grease with oil of choice.
- Use 2 or 2.5 tbsp of batter for each pancake. Flip once bubbles start to form and cook for 1-2 minutes on the opposite side.
- Serve stacked with nut butter, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup (and whatever else your heart desires!).