Homemade Nutty Granola
Once you’ve tried homemade granola you will never go back. This nutty granola is packed with goodness and has a lot less sugar than shop bought granola. You can experiment with different nuts and fruits to find the perfect combination for you!
- Preperation Time:
- 40 minutes
- 1/3 cup Organic Kitchen Agave Syrup
- 1/3 cup Organic Kitchen Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Just Natural Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Just Natural Jumbo Oats
- 1/2 cup Just Natural Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup Just Natural Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup dried fruit or chocolate chips of choice
How to Make it
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Add the syrup, nut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Then, pour the oats, almonds, walnuts, and coconut into the bowl and fold them into the wet mixture, until all pieces are evenly coated. Transfer this mixture to a greased or lined baking tray and press it into a thin, even layer using a spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven, then remove and use a spatula to toss/flip the granola. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes, then remove.
- Immediately sprinkle any dried fruit and/or chocolate chips that you would like to add, using a spatula to gently toss the mixture. If you’d like the chips to completely melt, stir them a bit more until they melt completely. Let the granola and chocolate cool completely on the tray before removing.
- Serve as desired; store leftovers at room temperature or in the refrigerator (recommended for crunchier granola) for up to one month.