Kale Caesar Chickpea Salad
A simple, nutrient-dense take on a classic with all of the flavour and none of the dairy or gluten. Totally vegan-friendly and certain to be a crowd pleaser.
- Preperation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 30 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
- 2 tbsp Prima Italia extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic paprika
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic ground chilli
- 1 x 400g tin of Organic Kitchen chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 3 cups fresh kale, roughly chopped (I use a mixture of cavolo nero and curly kale)
- 1 large avocado (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- 60g tahini
- 2 tbsp Organic Kitchen extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic garlic granules
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste
How to Make it
- Preheat 200°C (400°F).
- Place sweet potato in a bowl, toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil, the ½ tsp of paprika, and chilli powder. Lay in a single layer on a baking tray and roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, add chickpeas to the tray, along with the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Give everything a toss and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together all dressing ingredients, adding 1-3 tbsp of water to reach desired consistency. Season to taste with salt.
- Dress the kale with half of the dressing.
- Layer up salad with kale, roast chickpeas and sweet potato, garnish with avocado, and drizzle over remaining dressing (or serve it on the side).