Peppermint Chocolate Cream Tart
A no-bake fudgy brownie base, a thick peppermint chocolate cream layer in the middle, and a simple maple ganache on top... It’s a dessert that requires a little more time, but it is so, so worth it! If you don’t like chocolate and mint together, you can easily switch up the centre layer with an orange or even a coffee extract, instead.
- Preperation Time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 4 hours or overnight
- 200g Just Natural Organic Medjool Dates
- 80g Just Natural Organic raw cacao powder
- 100g Just Natural Organic ground almonds
- 80g Just Natural Organic whole almonds
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic raw cacao nibs
- 2 whole ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 125ml maple syrup
- 60g Just Natural Organic raw cacao powder
- 80ml Just Natural gluten-free oat drink (or unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice)
- 160g coconut butter, melted
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 100g Just Natural Organic raw cacao paste, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 40g Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil, melted
For the Base
For the Centre
For the Ganache
How to Make it
- Line a 7-inch round, loose-bottomed tin with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil.
- Blend together all base ingredients in your food processor, continuing until you have a thick dough.
- Place the dough into your prepared tin and spread evenly using your fingers. Smooth over the surface using the back of a spoon.
- Clean out your food processor and blend together the avocado, maple syrup, and non-dairy milk you’ve chosen until smooth and silky. Add the melted coconut butter and cacao butter and blend until smooth.
- Finally, add the peppermint extract and blend to incorporate.
- Spread the mousse/cream over the prepared base.
- Melt the cacao paste in the microwave in a heat-safe jar, using 30 second increments until just right (it shouldn’t take any more than 2 minutes). Add the coconut oil, which will then melt in pretty quickly.
- Add the maple syrup and gently mix to combine. Pour this over the mousse/cream layer.
- Place into the fridge to set for at least 4 hours (or overnight, ideally) before slicing. (It is also best removed from the fridge about 5-10 minutes before serving, to allow it to soften up a little.)