A chewy, cookie-like square that is crispy round the edges… These melt in the mouth and you honestly would never know they were made with tahini, as the flavour doesn’t overpower. Indeed, the tasty chocolate chunks hold their own. I would highly recommend having one slightly warm, with a mighty mug of coffee on the side and a decadent scoop of ice cream on top. Simply divine!
- Preperation Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 25 - 30 minutes
How to Make it
- Line an 8-inch square tin with baking paper and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Mix together the milled flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set to one side for five minutes.
- Mix together the tahini and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the flax “egg” after five minutes have elapsed.
- Add in the ground almonds, baking powder, and salt and stir well to combine. You will have a thick, slightly sticky cookie dough.
- Fold in those chocolate chunks!
- Transfer dough to your prepared tin and spread evenly using a spatula (damp fingertips also work well).
- Bake for between 22 and 25 minutes until risen and firm on the top.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing (and indulging).