Tahini Soba Noodles
Dinner in ten minutes flat, super tasty, simple and packed full of polyunsaturated fats that help your body absorb fat soluble vitamins. It’s also a good non-dairy source of calcium. One of my staple dressing ingredients, this is a sure-fire way to make all your veggies taste utterly delicious!
- Preperation Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 5 minutes
- 80g / 5oz approx. dry weight buckwheat soba noodles, or noodles of choice
- ¼ medium cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 x 200g tin Organic Kitchen edamame beans, drained and rinsed well
- 60g tahini
- 45 - 60ml of water
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp Just Natural Organic ground ginger
- ½ tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos (or soy sauce or tamari)
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp Just Natural Organic black sesame seeds, to serve
How to Make it
- Put noodles on, cook them according to the instructions on the packet. Most soba noodles only take about 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse in a little cool water.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients until smooth. Add as much water as desired to reach desired consistency. If you’re making the dressing/sauce in advance, it will thicken up in the fridge.
- Pour dressing over noodles (you can reserve a little for serving over the top if you like).
- Toss through the edamame beans and cucumber. Serve topped with sesame seeds. Chopsticks at the ready!