Tofu Goujons (aka Tofish Fingers)
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside: these goujons are so tasty and so simple to make, you’ll be very tempted not to share! This is healthy fast food made SUPER easy. A side of potato wedges and some tomato ketchup or mayo are a must for dunking, too. These are uncertain times: live a little.
- 2 - 4
- Preperation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 20 minutes
- 1 x 400g block firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic buckwheat flour
- 80ml Organic Kitchen oat drink (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 80g Just Natural Organic polenta (you can also substitute cornmeal)
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic paprika
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic garlic granules
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Prima Italia olive oil, for cooking
How to Make it
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Slice the tofu into long finger-sized chunks.
- Dust with buckwheat flour and then dunk into the oat drink (or non-dairy milk of choice).
- Mix together the paprika through to black pepper in a bowl. Coat the tofu fingers one at a time in this polenta (or cornmeal) mixture.
- Lay each one on a baking paper-lined tray. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip and cook for 10 minutes more on the other side.
- Serve with dunking sauce of choice (and perhaps some potato wedges or sweet potato fries – go crazy!).