Tropical Coconut Oats
A standard bowl of oats can be overhauled in an instant depending on your mix-ins, toppings, and cooking liquid of choice. I’m all about adding flavour and ensuring I achieve my preferred thick, stick-to-the-ribs consistency!
- Preperation Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 10 minutes
- 100g Just Natural Organic jumbo oats
- 250ml coconut water
- 250ml water
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp Just Natural Organic milled flaxseed
- 1 tbsp Just Natural Organic desiccated coconut, toasted
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 1 scoop of vegan vanilla or unflavoured protein*
- 2 - 3 tbsp Organic Kitchen coconut cream
- A fruity blend of kiwi, passionfruit, & banana
- Just Natural Organic hazelnuts (roasted and chopped)
- Just Natural Organic macadamia nuts
- Just Natural Organic toasted coconut flakes
- Organic Kitchen peanut butter (or almond, hazelnut, or cashew butter)
- Just Natural Organic raw cacao nibs
How to Make it
- Mix together everything except the coconut cream (and protein powder if using). This should be done in a pot over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 8 - 10 minutes until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Stir in the protein powder (if using) and add a touch more liquid if the oats become too thick.
- Stir through the coconut cream before topping with your personal selection of tropical toppings and savour that flavour!
- *You may need to add a touch more liquid if using protein powder!