Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Chickpea Shawarma Bowls
Lightly spicy, with all the cooling leaves and creamy tahini dressing – this is one of my favourite bowls to meal prep and eat for a few days running. You could also serve it all up wrapped in a nice thick and fluffy flatbread… Mmm…
- Preperation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 30 minutes
- 1 large or two medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 x 400g tin of Organic Kitchen chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 2 tbsp Prima Italia extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Just Natural Organic garlic granules (or 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced)
- 1 tsp Just Natural Organic cumin
- 1 tsp Just Natural Organic paprika
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Just Natural Organic cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 60g tahini
- 2 - 4 tbsp water, as needed
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 head of cos lettuce, shredded or roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Just Natural Organic black sesame seeds, toasted
For the Tahini Sauce
How to Make it
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Mix together in a medium bowl the olive oil through to the water.
- Place the chickpeas, sweet potato, and cauliflower in a large baking tray. Pour over the dressing and toss really well to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes; until the sweet potato is tender.
- Whisk together all tahini dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve in bowls piled high with lettuce, cucumber, and the roasted veggies and chickpeas. Drizzle generously with tahini dressing, and sprinkle with toasted black sesame seeds to serve. Delish!