Double-Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Chewy, crispy round the edges, laced with chocolate chips and (I would say) the absolutely ideal cookie for making an ice cream sandwich – if you’re that way inclined, of course!
- Preperation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp Just Natural Organic milled flaxseed (+ 3 tbsp water)
- 40g Just Natural Organic raw cacao powder)
- 100g ground hazelnuts)
- 80g Just Natural ground almonds)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 100g Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil (softened, but not fully melted) )
- 125g Just Natural Organic coconut sugar)
- 80g dark chocolate chips)
How to Make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix together the milled flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine in a separate large bowl the cacao powder, grounds hazelnuts and almonds, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir through the chocolate chips.
- Create 12 balls of cookie dough, place onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper, lightly flatten and bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes and serve at room temperature. Can also be stored in the fridge for up to five days and warmed up and served with your favourite non-dairy ice cream!