Kale Pesto Pasta
I don’t think we’ve ever sought after or potentially eaten so much pasta… It’s definitely become a store cupboard staple over the last couple of weeks for many of us (for better or worse…). This kale pesto is a fantastic way to incorporate more deeply nutritious greens into a carbohydrate-dense dish with ease. I’ve opted for penne here, but feel free to use whatever pasta you’ve got.
- Preperation Time:
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 10 -12 minutes
- 80g fresh kale
- 50g fresh basil
- 40g Just Natural Organic pine nuts
- 100ml Organic Kitchen extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Approx. 300g Prima Italia gluten free penne pasta
- 1 x 400g tin of Organic Kitchen cannellini beans (you can also opt for borlotti or butter beans), drained and rinsed well
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic pine nuts
- 4 tbsp dairy free yogurt or cream cheese of choice
- Fresh basil
- A crack of black pepper
How to Make it
- Combine all pesto ingredients until smooth in a high-speed blender or Nutri Bullet.
- Set to one side (this can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days).
- Put pasta on to cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and return to the pot. Add the beans and most of the pesto and leave to gently heat through over a low heat.
- Serve in bowls topped with pine nuts, dairy free yogurt or cream cheese, and garnished with fresh basil and black pepper to desired taste. Buon appetito!