No-Bake Chocolate Mousse “Cheesecakes”
Single-serve, light, and mousse-like cheeseless “cheesecakes”… A lot of the vegan alternative cheesecake desserts can be quite heavy due to a foundation of soaked and blended cashews. The combination here of chocolate and silken tofu instead creates an almost airy consistency – truly luscious, but a whole lot lighter!
- Preperation Time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 3 hours - Overnight
- 100g Just Natural Organic Medjool dates
- 100g Just Natural Organic hazelnuts, roasted
- 80g Just Natural Organic ground almonds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 170g firm silken tofu
- 170g 70% or 80% dark chocolate
- 60g smooth all-natural almond butter (or hazelnut butter)
- 60ml non-dairy milk of choice (a simple almond or hazelnut works best with minimal ingredients)
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Just Natural Organic raw cacao nibs, Just Natural Organic raw cacao powder, or a grating of dark chocolate of choice
For the Base
For the Chocolate “Cheesecake”
How to Make it
- Line a loose bottom muffin tray with baking paper rounds and lightly grease with spray oil. You could also make these in a silicone muffin tray.
- Place all ingredients for the base in a food processor and blend until you have a thick dough that holds together when you press it between your fingertips.
- Divide between 6 prepared sections of your tray.
- Press down evenly with the back of a spoon. Set to one side.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments.
- Blend the tofu, almond butter, and dairy-free milk in a high-speed blender or you can clean out your food processor and use that.
- Add in the melted chocolate – ensuring the rest of the ingredients are at room temperature – and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the six bases and place into the fridge for at least 3 hours to set (or preferably overnight).
- Remove from the tray or mold and serve either at room temperature or straight from the fridge. (They will be a melt-in-the-mouth consistency regardless!)
- Garnish as desired.