PB Oat Flax Squares
No-bake peanut butter oat flax squares – just like the title states! These are so easy to make. They do require a food processor or blender to achieve a nice texture, however, you might be able to get away with using fine milled porridge oats and some oat flour if you don’t have one or the other available to use. I opted for sweetening these with maple syrup, as opposed to dates, to make the aforementioned option a little more viable, and there is something that just screams of more effort when I have to blitz up Medjool dates and clean up the aftermath…
- Preperation Time:
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 1 hour or overnight
- 60g Just Natural Organic milled flaxseed
- 140g Just Natural Organic jumbo oats (or 100g fine milled oats + 100g oat flour if not using a food processor)
- 120ml maple syrup
- 50g Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 180g Organic Kitchen crunchy peanut butter, warmed to a drippy consistency
- 100g dark chocolate of choice, roughly chopped
- 25g Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil
How to Make it
- Place the milled flaxseed through to the peanut butter in your food processor and blitz to form a thick paste.
- Line a 9-inch loaf tin with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil.
- Press the mixture into the base and spread evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave, in 30 second increments until just right. Pour over the base and place into the fridge to set for at least one hour.
- Remove from the fridge for 10 minutes before slicing to prevent the chocolate from cracking.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed tight container for up to one week, or freeze for up to one month.
- *Top Tip: I run a sharp knife carefully through the chocolate layer first and then go back over the lines cutting down into the bars.