Peanut Butter Banana Oat Nest Cookies
No-bake thumbprint cookies that double up as Easter nests! Fill them with dairy-free yogurt and top with chocolate-coated almonds (which take the place of “eggs”). You can, of course, use some berries instead, or chocolate-covered raisins or Brazil nuts, or – if you can get your hands on some – vegan-friendly mini eggs.
- 6 - 7
- Preperation Time:
- 15 minutes
- 120g Just Natural Organic porridge oats
- 30g peanut flour (can be replaced with Just Natural Organic raw cacao powder for a chocolatey version)
- 2 tbsp Just Natural Organic milled flaxseed
- 1 small ripe banana
- 60g Organic Kitchen extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 80ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 -7 heaped tsp of non-dairy yogurt (the thicker the better)
- Chocolate-coated almonds, or chocolate-covered nuts/fruit of choice. (Vegan-friendly mini eggs are also awesome.)
- Chopped peanuts, for sprinkling over the top (optional)
For the Cookies
How to Make it
- Mix together the oats through to milled flaxseed in a bowl.
- Blend together the banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract (if using) in a jug or bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry mixture and combine well. Set to one side to firm up a little.
- Divide the mixture into 6 or 7 balls. Roll these in the palms of your hands and flatten to form 1-inch thick cookies. Use your thumb to create an indent in the middle.
- Place cookies on a baking paper-lined tray or plate and place into the fridge to firm up for at least an hour.
- Fill centres with dairy-free yogurt and top with “eggs” of choice. Scrumptious and seasonal!
- Note: You could also fill the centres with peanut butter or marmalade or jam if you want something a little bit sweeter still…