Sundried Tomato Fusilli
Getting bored of your usual go-to pasta dishes? Here is a simple super tasty way to shake things up with a few staple ingredients – particularly now that some of us have a little bit more time on our hands…
- Preperation Time:
- 35 mins
- Cooking Time:
- 15 mins
- 300g Prima Italia organic gluten-free fusilli
- 150g sundried tomatoes, dry-packed
- 1 tbsp Prima Italia extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic oregano
- ½ tsp Just Natural Organic basil
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Organic Kitchen Sicilian lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 whole roasted red pepper from a jar, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin of Organic Kitchen borlotti beans, drained and rinsed well
- 4 tbsp dairy-free yogurt, to serve
- Fresh basil, to serve
- Just Natural Organic almonds (roasted), to serve
How to Make it
- Soak the sundried tomatoes in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving 125ml of the soaking water, and roughly chop up and set aside.
- Put the pasta on to cook according to the packeted instructions.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan, and follow with the garlic, dried oregano, dried basil, and chilli flakes. Cook for between 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, roasted red pepper, reserved soaking water from the tomatoes, and chopped sundried tomatoes to the pan (be sure to reserve a couple of tablespoons of tomatoes for stirring through the pasta at the end).
- Leave to simmer for 10 minutes and then transfer to a blender. Blend to create an almost perfectly smooth sauce.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot together with the sauce, beans, and reserved sundried tomatoes. Stir everything together and serve with roasted almonds, fresh basil, and dairy-free yogurt for a creamy extra.